I bet you were not aware about the 13 mind bending facts about dreams, facts you are about to read.
- Everybody dreams, every human being can dream ( except in the case of extreme psychological disorder). If you think you are not dreaming – you forget your dreams.
2. We forget 90% of our dreams within the next 10 minutes of waking up. Half of your dream is forgotten at the moment you wake up; after 5 minutes, 90% of it it’s gone.
3. Blind people also dream if they became blind after birth. They can see images in their dreams.
4. People who were born blind do not see any visuals but have similar vivid dreams involving their other sense of sound, smell, touch, and emotion.
5. In our dreams, we only see faces that we already know or have seen before.
6. Our mind is not inventing new faces in our dreams; we can only perceive the real faces of real people that we have seen during our life-time.
7. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brains to utilize during our dreams.
8. Not everybody can dream in colors. 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white only. Studies from 1915 through to the 1950s maintained that the majority of dreams were in black and white.
9. But these results began to change in the 1960s. Today only 4.4% of dreams of under 25 y/o are in black and white.
10. Dreams can also be symbolic. If you dream about some particular subject, it is not often that the dreams are about that. Dreams speak in a profoundly figurative language.
11. The most common emotion experienced in a dream is anxiety. Negatives emotions are more common than positive ones.
12. You can have four to seven dreams in one night. On average, you can dream anywhere from one or two hours every night.
13. Animals also dream. Studies have been done on many different animals, and they all show the same brain waves during dreaming sleep as humans. Watch a dog sleep sometimes; you will see the paws move like they are running in their sleep.